Booking terms and conditions
Please take the time to read and understand Mundo Asia’s conditions of booking provided below prior to booking a trip with us.
All bookings are made with and through Mundo Asia. By booking a trip with Mundo Asia, the client(s) are deemed to have agreed with the below terms and conditions (which constitute the entire agreement between the customer and Mundo Asia). The services to be provided are those referred to in the client’s booking confirmation invoice. The contract is considered valid only if the client accepts the booking proposal, and pays the deposit.
Deposit & payment
Unless otherwise specified, the client is required to pay a deposit equivalent to 30% of the land tour service of all passengers in the group for the booking to be confirmed. If the client’s booking is made within 30 days prior to the departure date, then the full amount is payable at the time of booking. Please note that different deposit amounts may be required for different trips. In specific case, an amount of deposit greater than 30% of the total trip cost may be required. Our sales staff shall inform the client at the time of the offer proposal and confirmation.
Final payment of the remaining 70% balance is required no later than 45 days prior to the proposed departure date. Please refer to the booking confirmation invoice for details regarding final payments. Please note that full payment is required for airfare if booked through Mundo Asia. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date Mundo Asia reserves the right to treat the client’s booking as cancelled.
In some special cases, cash payment on arrival can be required for specific bookings. Please refer to the booking confirmation invoice for details regarding this type of specific payment.
- Pay by Credit Card
Kindly make deposit/payment via Mundo Asia’s secured online payment link provided by sales staff. Mundo Asia accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB & UnionPay. Our credit card payment platform is secured through SSL encryption to protect the client’s card details. Our prices do not include the 3% credit card transactions fee levied by the bank when using One Pay or the 5% credit card transactions fee levied by PayPal. For large amounts, Mundo Asia recommends payment by bank transfer instead to save costs.
- Pay by Bank Transfer
Payment is to be made in USD or Euro. All bank fees are to be paid by the client.
Account name: Mundo Asia Company Limited
Account number: 0851370024060 (USD); 0851140029588 (EUR)
Bank name: Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank)
Bank address: 344 Ba Trieu – Le Dai Hanh Ward – Hai Ba Trung District, Ha Noi, Viet Nam, 10000
Swift code: BFTVVNVX085
- If the total booking price amount is less than 500.00 USD, the full advance payment is required.
- The services of Mekong River Cruises (South Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos) and bookings of river cruises in Myanmar are non-refundable. According to the contract of our supplying cruise companies, this service once booked is non-refundable. Mundo Asia applies the non-refundable rate policy to these tours that include this service.
- Final payment must be confirmed and validated by Mundo Asia. Mundo Asia is not responsible for errors or omissions that may occur as a result of the transfer of incorrect information from the client or third-party travel service suppliers.
- In case the client writes any wrong payment information that has not been supplied by Mundo Asia and it takes time to amend, Mundo Asia shall request the client to pay by other methods such as credit card or cash to secure the booking. Otherwise, the service can be released.
Best Price Guarantee and Price Matching Promise
Mundo Asia is committed to offering the highest quality itineraries to its clients at the very best price. If client(s) can find the same product on offer at a lower price at one of Mundo Asia’s competitors, Mundo Asia will match this price according to the following conditions:
- The itinerary in question must be identical in style, destination(s), and quality, and offered on the same terms and specifications;
- Mundo Asia’s price matching promise can be claimed against any online competitor,
- The competitor’s website must have the identical itinerary in stock and available for immediate purchase,
- Mundo Asia must be able to verify the lower price being offered by the competitor to its satisfaction,
- The price being matched must include all taxes (including VAT) and charges as applicable,
- Mundo Asia’s price promise applies up to 14 days after purchase for tours of at least 10 days duration.
- Proof of purchase will be required, without exception and
- All price promise transactions are carried out at the discretion of Mundo Asia.
Unless otherwise specified, all quoted rates are inclusive of applicable taxes (including service charges, Value Added Taxes and/or locally charged taxes). Domestic tourism taxes and/or airport taxes may be applicable and are not included. These need to be paid directly to the relevant authority by the traveler. In the event of government-imposed tax changes, Mundo Asia reserves the right to alter the rates accordingly. Mundo Asia shall work to avoid this from occurring. However, Mundo reserves the right to collect any differentials which may arise from the clients individually.
In order for Mundo Asia to confirm the client’s travel arrangements the client must provide all requested details with the balance of the trip price. Necessary details vary by trip and may include but are not limited to full name as in passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiration date and any pre-existing medical conditions the client may have which could affect the client’s ability to complete the travel arrangements. Failure to provide requested details may result in additional charges or non-refundable cancellations of client’s trip. Airlines or immigration may deny boarding for passengers with wrong names. Passengers who provide wrong names by mistake or clerical error shall have to pay an extra fee for ticket rebooking and/or a new visa application.
Cancellations by the client
Flexibility is our advantage. The client can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and client will not need to pay penalty except if client books a non-refundable flight tickets or non-refundable hotels or cruise with Mundo Asia. Mundo Asia will only collect a small handling fee of US$ 50/ person.
Cancellation shall only be effective when Mundo Asia receives written confirmation of the cancellation. If the client cancels a trip:
- 60 days or more prior to the departure date of the tour: no penalty except if client books a non-refundable flight tickets or non-refundable hotels or cruise with Mundo Asia. Mundo Asia will only collect a small handling fee of US$ 50/ person. The client will need to pay the bank fee for the refund
- Between 30 and 59 days prior to departure: Mundo Asia shall retain the deposit
- Between 15 and 29 days prior to departure, Mundo Asia shall retain 50% of the total booking cost
- 14 days or less prior to departure, Mundo Asia shall retain 100% paid by the client in connection with the booking.
- No show. Mundo Asia shall retain 100% paid by the client in connection with the booking.
The client’s booking consultant shall advise if differences apply and details can be found in the final confirmation of the booked trip. The client is strongly advised to possess cancellation insurance at the time of booking which shall cover cancellation fees. If the client leaves a trip for any reason after it has begun Mundo Asia is not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. If the client fails to join a tour, joins it after departure, or leaves it prior to its completion, no refund shall be made. The above cancellation fees are in addition to fees which may be levied by accommodation providers, travel agents or third party tour and transport operator fees.
Cancellations by Mundo Asia
Mundo Asia may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for Mundo Asia to operate the planned itinerary or Mundo Asia feels it is not safe for the client to travel to the destination.
If Mundo Asia cancels the client’s trip, the client can transfer amounts paid to alternative departure date or receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside of Mundo Asia’s reasonable control, refunds shall be received by the client minus any unrecoverable costs from services already used. Mundo Asia is not responsible for any incidental expenses that the client may incur as a result of the booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excesses or non-refundable flights.
During the term of this agreement, neither party shall be in default of its obligations to the extent that its performance is delayed or prevented by causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, natural disasters, bankruptcy of a vendor, strikes and other labor disturbances, acts of war, civil disturbances, and other equivalent or comparable events.
The client appreciates and acknowledges the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and at appropriate times, allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each trip is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities, and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
Whilst Mundo Asia manages to reserve all the proposed services for clients, Mundo Asia reserves the right to make changes of equivalent services in case transportation/ accommodation or required services are fully booked or affected by force majeure or events beyond Mundo Asia’s control. In this case, Mundo Asia always tries its best to inform the client about the changes as soon as possible.
- Before departure: If Mundo Asia makes a major change, Mundo Asia shall inform the client as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change affecting at least one day in five of the planned itinerary. When a major change is made the client may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a refund of money paid on the land portion of the trip only or accepting an alternative tour offered.
- After departure: Mundo Asia reserves the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control. In such emergency circumstances, the additional costs of any necessary itinerary alterations shall be covered by the client. Please note Mundo Asia is not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of the changes of itinerary such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
No refunds or exchanges can be made with respect to accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transport or any other services included in the tour price, but not utilized by the client.
If the client wishes to change from one trip to another or transfer the booking to a third party the client must notify Mundo Asia at least 30 days prior to the proposed departure date. Mundo Asia shall handle the change without extra handling fees related to the extra work but Mundo Asia shall collect charges levied by hotels, ground operators or airlines (if any). Transfers to a third party are only permitted when the transferee meets all the requirements in relation to the trip, and transfers to another departure can only be made to a departure within the current validity period. Mundo Asia takes no responsibility if the booked services are non-transferable.
There are limited hotels/resorts with standard triple rooms in their inventory. These are commonly double/twin rooms with an extra (rollaway) bed, limiting space within the room. Please inform all concerns accordingly to correctly manage expectations. Extra bed rates / triple sharing room rates are available in the confidential tariff as well as single room supplements. It is common for single room supplements to be provided with twin/double rooms. Preferences such as smoking/non-smoking, interconnecting rooms, king-size beds, and location of the room cannot be guaranteed or confirmed in advance and are subject to hotel policy and availability at time of check-in.
Although accommodations in the region may provide the client with information about their quality, the properties used and offered by Mundo Asia in this part of the world may not all have an official star qualification issued by an official government-accredited hotel association in the country of operation. Mundo Asia provides its customers with its own internal star qualification which is based on its own experiences and certain criteria to ensure the client has a realistic interpretation of what to expect. Mundo Asia cannot be held liable in any way for misinformation between the hotel and client.
Mundo Asia shall arrange sightseeing excursions and transportation as contracted in a professional manner. English, Spanish or other alternative language speaking guides are provided to escort clients on all tour programs as per the proposed itinerary. Tours include entrance fees and meals (where mentioned), excluding any drinks or other expenses specifically mentioned in the tour program inclusions. All services provided by Mundo Asia, its employees or agents are of the highest possible standard. All tour guides are licensed and shall be responsible for demonstrating use of safety equipment and highlighting any safety risk before commencing any activities on tour.
Unless otherwise specified, Mundo Asia shall provide transfer services for each destination according to the rates provided in the tariff. Transfer services include the meet and greet of clients with a name sign and transportation according to the booked itinerary.
Where possible, Mundo Asia uses coaches and cars contracted on a long-term basis. Transportation (road or water transport) is operated by fully-licensed drivers/operators and in accordance with local safety standards. Vehicles are maintained in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications, kept clean and in good working order, and registered and insured adequately. Water transport shall be of a similar quality and lifejackets shall be provided for all clients.
Mundo Asia aims to keep clients aware that standards of transportation in each destination are different yet Mundo Asia is committed to the best available means of transportation in that specific area of operation.
Age & health requirements
- Minimum age: There is no limit for age of travel as long as the client can ensure that the members in the group are fit for travel. All travelers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian, or in lieu of a legal guardian, by an escort over the age of 18, appointed by their legal guardian. The legal guardian or their designee shall be responsible for the traveler under the age of 18’s day-to-day care. If a legal guardian elects to designate an escort in lieu of themselves, they shall be required to complete and sign a relevant document to delegate their authority.
- Please note Mundo Asia cannot guarantee triple or adjoining rooms for families; accompanying adults may be required to share with others in the group on a twin share basis.
- Variations: A minimum age of 18 applies to all of Mundo Asia’s adventure tours, while a lower minimum age applies to family trips. The client should check with their travel consultant at the time of enquiry.
- Maximum age: Apart from adventure tours, the majority of Mundo Asia’s trips have no upper age limit though Mundo Asia reminds clients that the trips can at times be physically demanding so passengers must ensure they are suitably fit to allow full participation. Mundo Asia is able to provide details on mandatory health requirements; however, the staffs of Mundo Asia are not medical experts. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they have obtained proper and detailed medical advice at least two months prior to travel for the latest health requirements and recommendations for the destination.
Seat in coach programs (Spanish language)
Mundo Asia’s trips are guaranteed to depart once they have a single fully-paid traveller, unless there is a minimum group size otherwise specifically specified. This means at times Mundo Asia can have groups with a small number of travelers. Many of Mundo Asia’s trips are designed to fit with other departures to create a longer “combination” trip; this means that some of the client’s group may have already been travelling together for some time when the client commences their trip. If the client would like to know how many people are booked on their preferred trip or any combination trip it could be a part of, please ask prior to making the booking.
Passports, Trip Documentation, and Visas
The client must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the countries which shall be visited during the trip. In addition, the client’s passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is solely the client’s responsibility to ensure they are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for the trip. Mundo Asia is not responsible if the client is refused entry to a country due to the lack of the correct passport, visas or other travel documentation.
Travel documents shall be compiled after the deposit has been received and are sent two or three weeks prior to departure. These documents shall be sent via email and should be printed out by participants and retained as a receipt.
Travel insurance is mandatory for all Mundo Asia travellers and should be taken out at the time of booking. The client’s travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of 200,000.00 USD for each of the categories of cover. Mundo Asia also strongly recommends this as it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. The client must provide the travel insurance policy number and the insurance company’s 24-hour emergency contact number on the first day of the trip. If the client has travel insurance connected to a credit card or bank account please ensure possession of the details of the participating insurer, the insurance policy number and emergency contact number rather than only the bank’s name and credit card details.
Acceptance of risk
The client acknowledges the nature of the trip is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. The client shall be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in their daily lives. Mundo Asia uses information from local governments’ foreign departments and reports from its own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However, it is also the client’s responsibility to acquaint themselves with all relevant travel information and the nature of their itinerary. The client acknowledges their decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and accepts they are aware of the personal risks available upon such travel.
Limitation of liability
Mundo Asia acts as an intermediary between all airlines, hotels, local tourist offices and other service providers. Therefore, Mundo Asia reserves the right to modify tours and itineraries with or without notice. Mundo Asia tours are organized in conjunction with the respective airline’s scheduled flights, therefore, itineraries and timetables are provisional and subject to change without notice. Acknowledgment and confirmation of the above-mentioned conditions are active once clients participate in one of the provided services via Mundo Asia. In addition, Mundo Asia is not responsible for the acts and omissions of these third parties.
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- Any liability for any loss, death, injury or damage which the client may suffer (directly or indirectly) in connection with or arising out of their participation in a trip
- The client releases Mundo Asia and our offices, employees, agents, and representatives from any liability and expressly waive any claims they may have against Mundo Asia arising out of or in connection with their participation in a trip; and
- Mundo Asia’s maximum liability in respect of any compensation is limited to (in our absolute discretion): (i) the provision of a similar trip to an equivalent value; or (ii) a refund of the total amount received by Mundo Asia from the client in connection with their booking.
- Any claim by the client is excluded to the extent that it is for indirect or consequential loss, loss of profits or economic loss, however it arises, or for indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages.
Claims & complaints
If the client has a complaint about their trip please inform Mundo Asia’s tour guide or the local representative at the time in order for them to attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to Mundo Asia within 30 days of tour completion.
The client agrees to indemnify and save Mundo Asia from harm and against all damage or injury (including death) to property or person(s) resulting from intentional or negligent acts or omissions from their respective officers, employees, agents, contractors or subcontractors in connection with the performance of this agreement.
Licenses & permits
All Mundo Asia offices subcontracted suppliers, and other service providers used comply with license and permit requirements based on the relevant regulations of each country in which Mundo Asia operates.
In the event any terms or conditions contained in these Booking Conditions are unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such terms or conditions shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
Legal notes on governing law
Any claim or complaint shall be considered according to the laws of Vietnam and each party irrevocably submits itself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Vietnam courts in respect of any proceedings arising out of or relating to such a claim or complaint.