What personally identifiable information does Mundo Asia collect?
Depending on how the client chooses to interact with Mundo Asia, Mundo Asia collects personally identifiable information to allow us to provide the services as requested. Such information includes:
1. Client’s name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, telephone numbers, postal address, medical and dietary information, passport and travel insurance details
as well as previous outdoor experiences.
2. Details of previous trips or events the client has attended or enquired about
3. Information provided through Mundo Asia’s customer surveys
4. The Client’s travel preferences
5. Any additional information collected and provided by the client’s travel agent or other third party websites the client may book Mundo Asia’s trips through.
How does Mundo Asia collect the client’s personal information?
When making an enquiry or booking a trip, Mundo Asia holds certain information so that it can transact your request.
The client may supply their information when making an enquiry on Mundo Asia’s website, sending Mundo Asia a direct email, providing information over the phone, interacting with Mundo Asia’s social media channels, subscribing to competitions on Mundo Asia’s website or various social media channels, or at third party events, through market research, or by supplying their information to a third party, for example a travel agent or online affiliate who they utilise. Mundo Asia updates client information where possible to ensure it fulfils all requests accurately.
Why does Mundo Asia need to collect and store personal data?
In order for Mundo Asia to provide clients with the best ability to book a tour it needs to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, Mundo Asia is committed to ensuring the information collected and used is appropriate for the purpose and does not constitute an invasion of clients’ privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Mundo Asia will contact clients for additional consent.
How does Mundo Asia protect client data?
Mundo’s website takes all necessary measures to protect clients’ personal information. Entering confidential information via Mundo Asia’s web pages is protected online and offline. If customer confidential information (such as personal information) is required on the registration form, it is encrypted and protected by SSL protocol. Besides using SSL encryption, in order to protect customer information on the Internet, Mundo Asia makes every effort to protect the same information offline. Access to all client information, not only to the aforementioned confidential information, is limited. The confidential information is accessible only to employees who need them in order to provide the requested services.
How will Mundo Asia use the personal data it collects?
Mundo Asia will process (collect, store and use) the information provided by clients
in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Mundo Asia endeavours to keep client information accurate and up-to-date, and does not hold information longer than is necessary. Mundo Asia is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Who does Mundo Asia share client information with?
Sharing client information is required to fulfil bookings and enquiries.
• Mundo Asia does not sell or trade any of its collected clients’ personal information
• Mundo Asia only shares client information with overseas suppliers who require it to fulfil the booking. Mundo has no control over how these suppliers hold or utilise clients’ personal
• Mundo Asia is required to share client information with overseas local authorities in order to obtain relevant permits that are required to fulfil the requested booking.
• Mundo Asia may at times operate competitions or other promotions where the client will be asked if they are happy to share their information with a third-party partner. That third party will be clearly identified. In such cases, if the client gives clear consent for their information to be shared Mundo Asia will do so.
• Mundo Asia may share information with external market research companies for research purposes only. They will not be authorised to hold clients’ information for any other purpose.
How long will Mundo keep clients’ personal information?
Clients’ personal information provided to Mundo Asia will be retained for so long as we have a legitimate interest to inform the client of our services, or until our contractual relationship has terminated, as the case may be. As Mundo Asia may use different types of information for different purposes, the applicable retention periods will vary. For instance, client contact details will be retained for a number of years for fulfilling Mundo Asia’s tax related obligations and/or for providing best possible services for future bookings, while payment information will be kept for a shorter period until payment is completed and confirmed.
Clients’ choice to ‘opt out’ is respected
If the client has opted to receive e-newsletter communications from Mundo Asia and at
a later stage change their mind, the client may at any time remove themselves from that email distribution list by
1. Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every email
2. Or by forwarding the email received to the company’s email address advertised at the bottom of the email received.
Why travel with Mundo Asia?
Get lost in the hidden charm of South East Asia